Electric Transmission Systems Study
In 2009, Stantec was commissioned to do a study of current and future transmission technologies. The study provides no recommendations.
It includes descriptions and conclusions on the following technologies:
- Conventional overhead high-voltage alternating current transmission;
- Underground high-voltage alternating current transmission;
- Combinations of overhead and underground high-voltage alternating current transmission;
- High-voltage direct current transmission (overhead and underground); and
- New and developing technologies.
Study Report Summary (Full Title: Summary of Electric Transmission Assessment Report)
Study Report(Full Title: Assessment and Analysis of the State-Of-The Art Electric Transmission Systems with Specific Focus on High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC), Underground or Other New or Developing Technologies)
Appendix A (Full Title: Stantec Consulting Request for HVDC Information on behalf of Alberta Department of Energy, ABB Response)
Appendix B(Full Title: High Voltage Direct Current Transmission - Proven Technology for Power Exchange, Answers for Energy, Siemens)
Frequently Asked Questions