Lower Athabasca Regional Plan (LARP)
Alberta's first regional plan sets strong environmental limits, conserves sensitive lands, provides certainty to industry and offers numerous recreational opportunities in the Lower Athabasca region.
- News Release, Albertans help shape responsible growth for oil sands region(August 23, 2012)
Applicable Alberta Energy Information Letters
- Information Letter, IL 2012-30, Lower Athabasca Regional Plan: Surface and Subsurface Commitments related to Crown mineral development in Conservation Areas and Provincial Recreation Areas(August 24, 2012)
- Information Letter, IL 2003-25, Honouring Existing Mineral Commitments in Legislated Provincial Protected Areas
Crown Mineral Rights Cancellation and Compensation
- Mineral Rights Compensation Regulation
- Application for Mineral Rights Compensation Regulation Compensation Form (.xlsx)
- Statutory Declaration Form
- Electronic Transfer System
Some questions and answers have been prepared for the Crown Rights Cancellation and Compensation related to the LARP.